Company: Award-winning independent food festivals, with evening music gigs
Location: Bath, Somerset
Type: Permanent, full-time
An exciting opportunity for an experienced, ambitious and commercially driven Event Producer to join ILOW as it expands the team and opens an office in Bath.
Over the past twelve months ILOW has experienced rapid growth, increasing its portfolio from one food festival to three with two more planned for the coming year. Our current portfolio includes Porthleven Food Festival, St Ives Food and Drink Festival and Truro Food Festival. New for 2020 will be the revival of Rock Oyster Festival and we are also expecting to launch one other which will be our first in Somerset. Our plan is to then add another two food festivals in Somerset, one in 2021 and another in 2022.
Having previously relied on a network of talented freelancers the business is now ready to employ a full-time in-house team to support the planned growth.
As the Event Producer you will be the engine of the business, responsible for the development and smooth-running of the events as well as managing relationships with all stakeholders. You will liaise with the Marketing and Sales Managers and supervise the Event Co-ordinator, keeping the Managing Director informed via status updates.
- End to end project management of multiple events
- Continually develop the event concepts and formats, championing the attendee experience
- Food & chef programming – program chef demos, talks, masterclasses, feasts etc
- Music programming – work with local bookers to oversee the programming of all music content
- Other programming – program and develop additional content, e.g. children’s & wellbeing areas
- Budget management, reconciliation and financial administration
- Management of ticket sales, including tracking actual sales against target
- Management of commercial partners, including negotiating contracts for bars, glamping, feasts, wellness
- Research, identify and appraise opportunities for new events
- Organisation of weekly team and monthly directors’ meetings
- Marketing – develop the marketing strategy with the Marketing Manager
- With the Marketing Manager develop the creative identity of each event
- Sales – develop the sales strategy with the Sales Manager
- Develop relationships and networks, identifying new opportunities for sponsorship and partnerships
- Administration – manage and support the Event Co-ordinator
- Develop partnerships with relevant universities for training placement schemes
- Event Manager – brief, manage and support the freelance Event Manager
- Oversee risk management; ESMP / H&S / RA’s / TMP / Licensing / SAG’s / ELT
- Oversee procurement and contracting of operational contractors and infrastructure suppliers
- Recruit and manage event staff and volunteers
- 5+ years working in the events industry
- A genuine passion for food
- Ability to manage budgets with confidence and accuracy
- Experience of managing a team and a good team player
- Highly organised with a can-do attitude and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Good knowledge of Cornwall
- Comfortable with frequent travel to Cornwall
We want to create a fun, relaxed and flexible environment in which to work.
Our core office hours are 9:30am – 6pm but we welcome flexibility +/- an hour of either side of this as well as working from home for one day per week (not Mondays). We finish at 4pm on Fridays.
Give and take policy – the nature of the events business means that we all need to be able to work flexible hours to ensure that we can fulfil our roles. This will include some weekend / evening working particularly around the events.
- Flexible working arrangements including flexitime & work-from-home days
- Finish at 4pm on Fridays
- Paid giving back day each year to volunteer for a charity of your choice
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Extra day off for your birthday
- Mobile phone bill paid
- Company pension scheme
- Frequent research trips to other food festivals
- Regular work trips to stunning locations in Cornwall
Our values are important to us and should guide us in all that we do.
We delight our customers – consistently provide the best possible experience for our attendees, traders and sponsors
We are brave – be courageous by default
We practice win-win – always strive for win-win so all stakeholders walk away happy
We are cost-conscious – keep an eye on costs and make smart decisions
We give back – every project should give something back to the community or charity