Company: Award-winning independent food festivals, with evening music gigs
Location: Bath, Somerset
Type: Permanent, part-time (30 hours per week)
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Marketing Manager to join ILOW as it expands the team and opens an office in Bath.
Over the past twelve months ILOW has experienced rapid growth, increasing its portfolio from one food festival to three with two more planned for the coming year. Our current portfolio includes Porthleven Food Festival, St Ives Food and Drink Festival and Truro Food Festival. New for 2020 will be the revival of Rock Oyster Festival and we are also expecting to launch one other which will be our first in Somerset. Our plan is to then add another two food festivals in Somerset, one in 2021 and another in 2022.
Having previously relied on a network of talented freelancers the business is now ready to employ an in-house team to support the planned growth.
As the Marketing Manager you will be responsible for planning and delivering the marketing strategies for our growing portfolio of events. A confident all-rounder, you will be heavily involved in bringing the planned new food festivals to life with exciting and effective launch campaigns.
- Develop and implement the marketing strategies for the events, including end to end management of all ATL and BTL
- Announcements – work with the Event Producer and Sales Manager to deliver campaign calendars and identify key
- Creative & Design – continually develop the event brands and visual identities. Brief and manage creative freelancers to deliver marketing assets, photography, videography and festival
- Press & Media – research, write and distribute press releases. Liaise with media and answer any media enquiries in a timely manner. Research, identify and book advertising
- Social & Digital – plan and execute social and digital strategies. Create and upload content across all social media platforms and answer online enquiries. Write and send e-newsletters to existing user database and grow these
- Website management – regularly audit and update the website content and
- Reporting – track results and continually monitor and optimise campaigns to ensure best practice and use of budget. Adjust marketing campaigns to drive ticket sales and increase overall footfall of the
- Marketing budget management, reconciliation and administration
- Awards – write and submit applications
- 5+ years working in a marketing role with experience in the events industry
- A genuine passion for food
- Highly organised with a can-do attitude and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Ability to manage budgets with confidence and accuracy
- Good knowledge of Cornwall and
- Comfortable with frequent travel to Cornwall
We want to create a fun, relaxed and flexible environment in which to work.
Our core office hours are 9:30am – 6pm but we welcome flexibility +/- an hour of either side of this as well as working from home for one day per week (not Mondays). We finish at 4pm on Fridays.
Give and take policy – the nature of the events business means that we all need to be able to work flexible hours to ensure that we can fulfil our roles. This will include some weekend / evening working particularly around the events.
- Flexible working arrangements including flexitime & work-from-home days
- Finish at 4pm on Fridays
- Paid giving back day each year to volunteer for a charity of your choice
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Extra day off for your birthday
- Mobile phone bill paid
- Company pension scheme
- Frequent research trips to other food festivals
- Regular work trips to stunning locations in Cornwall
Our values are important to us and should guide us in all that we do.
We delight our customers – consistently provide the best possible experience for our attendees, traders and sponsors
We are brave – be courageous by default
We practice win-win – always strive for win-win so all stakeholders walk away happy
We are cost-conscious – keep an eye on costs and make smart decisions
We give back – every project should give something back to the community or charity Applications deadline: 1 Jan